We've all seen it - the dramatic body transformations, and the promising news that you can get into bikini ready shape within just a few weeks. A magic pill, or a powder that promises to change you at the cellular level (which is true... if you want your cells to look like Frankenstein at the microscopic level), a crazy workout regime that is not only tougher and more sadistic that anything else - but also designed by an ex Navy Seal! The good news is, there are thousands of ways to lose weight. So why are you so unmotivated? Why do you feel sick inside when you see "motivating" pictures? Why is it, that you feel (on the surface) that you should lose weight, but yet there is this deep driving emotion within you that wants to tell people to just shut the eff up, and let you live your life...
The truth is, it's NOT you. The truth is, it IS you. But here's the good news, your body is pretty dang smart. Smarter than you, smarter than anyone, and that sick feeling you get? That would be your gut, also known as your "second brain" touting that it knows better than clever marketers who know how to speak to your main brain, with flashy images specifically designed to drive sales.
Here is the better news, weight loss doesn't have to suck. Actually, it's a ton of fun. Like REALLY fun. Don't believe me? Alright, I'll explain myself.
1) Your body is designed to SURVIVE
2) Your body is designed to ADAPT
So, all that extra fat you have packed on? Your body is thinking it's A-OKAY! It's like, excess food storage. Your body is capable of storing more fat than it could ever possibly use or ever need. Don't be mad at your body though - don't you do the same thing? Check out your closet for instance. Can you find anything you never use or wear, but it's just nice to know it's there if you need it?
Your body is a super smart organic machine, that adapts to it's environment. So if you sit a lot, or don't move a lot, there is no need for you to be lean. A lean body wouldn't be efficient, nor necessary. What's more, if you are extremely active, what kind of tasks are you doing? Are you picking up the house? Caring for children? Training for a Marathon? You see, the body knows that it needs to adapt to the kinds of functions we are doing most of the time, so that it can function more efficiently.
So with that in mind, understand that weight loss management, is lifestyle management. If you want to lose weight, permanently, then you need to give your body the feedback it needs to survive and thrive. Which is why you get that gut reaction when marketers are trying to tell you how if you just buy it, then your body will obey. Your body knows it's a lie, and it WILL NOT obey. And thankfully that is the case, because people are so quick to destroy themselves for the silliest things.
The breakdown in 6 Amazingly FUN steps:
1) Remove all "Trigger" foods from your house. You don't need them! Unless you want to be super uncomfortable all the time. This will likely be all your processed food that has been created in a lab and engineered to make your brain go into zombie chomp mode.
2) Start eating amazingly delicious, wholesome food. Wholesome real food is the good stuff. Avoid the middle of the grocery store. Instead, go to the produce section, and relish in all the colors, textures, and flavors that exist there. Smell stuff, and buy things FRESH! Pretty much the outskirt of the grocery store is where you need to spend your time. Produce, Meats, Dairy, and Grains. The middle of the store food is all created in a lab. Whereas the outskirts of the store is where all the good stuff is grown and raised. Buy organic, and grass fed. You deserve the good stuff. After all, it's your one body, that you'll have in this life. You only get ONE! If you were to only receive one car/vehicle for your entire life, how would you treat it? That's right. You would give it all the right fuel, get regular oil changes, and do everything you can to keep it clean, tidy, and in good running condition. Do the same, and more, for your ONE precious body.
3) Take some time to think about how you like/want to move your body. Do you feel badass when you hit things? Do you miss hula hooping? Do you just want to get down at the club or something? Do you want to just monkey around on stuff, and jump off of things? It's my belief that all humans are born innate athletes. Our bodies WANT to move. Our bodies NEED to move. So explore that side of yourself. It's fun and empowering.
4) Get moving! It's always best to go to a class with an instructor that you really connect with, and who really inspires you. Remember this is a beautiful journey to health, and part of that is making tons of friends along the way. Before you know it, you'll have "family", people you can rely on, to help you out, to bring you up when you're down, and be a positive support network for you.
|Check out this playful ball of happiness right here! Oh yeah!!|
6) Play and Stuff... That's right! Getting healthy is multi-faceted, and requires you to have fun and celebrate life. Celebrate your victories, and make beautiful memories! Your weight loss journey is meant to be full of adventure, challenges, victories, problem solving, laughter, frustration, joy, and everything in between. If your journey is smooth sailing the entire way, with nothing interesting, then what a boring trip that would be. Document your progress, take record of the beauty in your life! Remember to be present, and don't ever give up.
How to go about achieving all of the above:
Check out our classes at www.freeflowacademy.com. Or if you are not in our area, drop us an email at email@example.com and we can arrange personal coaching online. We take the "full body" approach, and can help you achieve your fitness goals.
Train Hard Play Safe!
- Miss Elle