Monday, April 2, 2018

Free Flow Academy Instructor Bio - Coach Will


Hello everyone, my name is Coach Will. I stumbled across parkour about 8 years ago and have loved training with the amazing crew that created Free Flow Academy. Prior to becoming a coach at Free Flow, I was a martial arts instructor for kids, and occasionally adults, for about 10 years. Through martial arts, I gained a healthy respect for structure and discipline, both of which are aspects I try to implement consistently in my class. I truly enjoy working with kids of all ages, and as a parent of three, I try to create a class that I would be happy to see my children in as well.

During class, my main focus for parkour is to keep movements simple and efficient. In the words of one my first parkour instructors, Victor, “Slow is smooth, and smooth is fast.” My hope is to keep classes fun and engaging for all ages.  Due to a busy full time work schedule, and being a husband and father, I am only able to manage one class on Monday, at 6:30. I vary rarely attend events, but I’ve done a few birthdays upon request. Hope to see you guys on Mondays!

Random facts:  I play the guitar, ride a unicycle, can occasionally be seen wearing an inflatable dinosaur costume at events, and plan to become a school teacher. Oh, and I don’t yell. I just talk loud.

That's me in the Dinosaur Costume below.  It's really hot.








No comments:

Post a Comment