Friday, September 15, 2017

The PPAC - Instructor Bio - Ms. Elle

Elle Beyer is Co-Founder of The PPAC.  She is also a Filmmaker & Choreographer, and Co-Creator of "Survival Science" an award winning self defense program.  She is an artist, athlete, entrepreneur, wife, and mother of 4.  She mainly teaches students ages 9-13 years old, and is the lead force in training women in self defense.


Elle's Bio (in her own words):

I believe strengthening the body, strengthens the mind. Training and Movement is a lifestyle. The principles you learn in your discipline, can translate to every other area of your life. 

The best thing an artist can have is a safe space to cultivate their growth and to be engaged in a supportive community.   

I want our students to take the opportunity to be celebrated for their work, by participating in showcases, tournaments, and demos.

I think the best way to foster self starter skills is to encourage open gym practice. Autonomy is an important workflow.

It is important to me that we provide value that is accessible to all.  This is why we have delivered affordable solutions for our specialized training. Such as our Unlimited Membership. And unlimited open gym to all members. That level of training will cost you more than your mortgage at a gymnastics gym. I don't think people should have to sacrifice a roof over their head. And I also believe it's important students understand that the skills they learn cannot be bought. They can only be earned through consistent dedication and practice.

I am a Traumatic Brain Injury survivor, that gave me a the life altering condition of epilepsy. My teaching methods are based around minimizing risk. All accidents are preventable. But we are never exempt from risk or human error. We will make mistakes, and learn from them. This is the process of training in a safe and controlled setting. My goal is to help others avoid the most unforgiving mistakes that will impede growth. And to rehabilitate those who want to get back to moving dynamically.


Okay what else?

Empowering women and children is a spiritual calling for me.  At 16 years old I escaped kidnapping in a Wal-Mart parking lot.  In my early 20's, I escaped kidnapping and gang rape.  Both of these incidents had a profound impact on me, and I want to use my knowledge and creativity to help those who feel fear and helplessness. I am devoted to helping people unlock their "Inner Warrior." Martial Arts is a way of life, a way to stay active, a way to learn important life lessons in a safe setting, while gaining life-protecting survival skills.

Who's idea was it to get all these shenanigans together?


My experiences in Hollywood gave me the the ideas needed to create the vision of what we now know as The Parkour & Performing Arts Center (previously known as "Free Flow Academy").  Having traveled the world as a working actress, stunt woman, model, and sports newscaster/journalist, I developed a strong sense of the types of platforms athletes and artists needed to grow in a safe and sustainable way. I believe in creating the holistic athlete/artist and growing specific industries that promote health, longevity, awareness, community, and safe space.  

Let's dig deeper... if you're up for the long rant ahead. 

I witnessed a lot things in Hollywood that troubled me to my core. I'll just call it out. Pedophiles actually do run a lot of things, and they like women to look like they are 12. That is not a conspiracy. And there are a lot of sophisticated forms of human trafficking. Did you know it was legal for studios to own actors? Hey I love studio films, but the ability for audiences to watch a 300 million dollar film for the price of $10 is because of a century long history of indentured servitude. Paid for on the backs of the dreams of starving artists. One of the main reasons I helped create The PPAC, is because it's an important platform for artists and athletes - and a way to cultivate "New Hollywood." What is my version of "New Hollywood"? Something that looks a lot like the first Academy of entertainment - the values it once comprised of (now known as "The Academy of Motion Pictures and Sciences" aka "The Academy Awards" aka "The Oscars). The Academy was first created by a group of artists/scholars who believed in the fair treatment of all on set. But as the industry grew, and competition grew - there was a need for increased bureaucracy to hold people accountable for their actions. Big Union (SAG/AFTRA) was formed, to help keep things from getting too exploitative. But this also created a great deal of classism, and "Catch 22" scenarios for artists. 

Because of this...

I am a huge proponent for independent film. Independent film is a catalyst for representation, and a way for new artists to gain a foothold.  So you'll see me with a camera often, and encouraging students to get involved with creating content.  Creating content for and behalf of our movement communities is how we preserve our authentic selves within the industry we have built.

Thanks for reading this far. I appreciate you. 

I also co-own my own film production company - SUN BLADE STUDIOS, we make cinematic narratives (movies), commercials, documentaries, and other media related content.  I am also currently on the board of ON NATIVE GROUND, an award winning media production company.  I love to garden, cook, craft, and donate time and talent to organizations that do good. I am also a professional shape shifter. I love being weird. 

Connect with Ms. Elle on Facebook

Connect with Ms. Elle on Instagram

IMDB Profile

Check out Ms. Elle's Online Self Defense Program










2016 Photo Credit:  Michael Poole


Mono Lake, CA

Parkour Photo (Survival Science) Photo Credit:  Michael Poole


"Something Inside is Broken" Musical Rock Opera 2016 West Coast Tour - Photo Credit:  Gabe Polansky


Related Articles:

Free Flow Academy Class Description - KUNG FU

Media Academy - It's not about Fame or Glory, It's about Community

Free Flow Academy Class Description - STUNT & FILM...MEDIA ACADEMY

No comments:

Post a Comment