Thursday, March 29, 2018

Free Flow Academy Instructor Bio - Coach Matt

Hey everybody, Coach Matt here. I discovered Parkour while I was going through rehab for my knee after I had two surgeries. Parkour gave me a reason to be active, better myself, and make friends. Through FreeFlow Academy, I discovered my passion for Movement Arts and began learning Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. Through Jiu Jitsu I not only rehabbed my knee injuries, but I was able to overcome them and strive physically. I joined the Army at 17 years old and left home immediately after high school. I learned many things while in the Army; some of the more important things being perseverance, determination, and dedication. In high school, I found a love in foreign languages as well and through the Army, I learned Korean, making me trilingual, also being fluent in French. Upon my return to the Sacramento area, I began coaching Parkour at FreeFlow Academy. During my time here, I’ve developed a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu class structure, as well as created a program for Foreign Language Learning. As a full time Soldier in the Army, I offer most of my classes as private lessons on evenings and/or weekends. If you’re interested in learning Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Parkour, French, or Korean, you can call FreeFlow Academy and ask for information on how to contact me. I hope to see you all in class! -Coach Matt

Coach Matt was featured on Free Flow Academy's Podcast.  To give it a listen click the LINK



No comments:

Post a Comment