Friday, March 30, 2018

Free Flow Academy Instructor Bio - Eli Greer

My name is Eli Taylor Greer and have been training in gymnastics/tumbling for 10 years and 6 years of experience in parkour and freerunning.  I am a Junior Parkour/Freerunning Coach and my favorite things to teach are vaults and tricks that have to do with walls such as tic tacs, cat leaps, wall runs, ect… I like to focus on keeping my students basic skills sharp so they can progress faster and easier whenever the time comes to learn a new skill. To do this I love creating obstacle courses for my classes that incorporate many basic parkour moves as well as one or two new skills so they build up their confidence in what they are familiar with while also adding new skills.

Parkour has influenced and changed my life in so many amazing ways and helps me to drown out the stress that life brings throughout the school year. It keeps me fit and always actively seeking to keep myself striving to improve my skills. I also love music.  I play trombone, Native American flute, digital music on a professional program called Reason 8, and piano. My mom is an amazing artist and she constantly comes up with new creative paintings and jewelry to make which always keeps me inspired to create.

Other than music, art, and parkour; I enjoy creating cosplay props from popular video games and movies as well as playing video games with my friends, sparring with my friends using medieval weaponry and armor, and participating in both archery and airsoft. I am a team leader and one of the original 6 people in my school's archery club.  Thanks for reading and getting to know me, I hope to see you in class.  - Coach Eli (Free Flow Academy Junior Parkour/Freerunning Instructor)


No comments:

Post a Comment