Friday, September 15, 2017

The PPAC - Instructor Bio - Shi Fu Lon Beyer

Lon Beyer is Co-Founder of The PPAC, and Co-Creator of Survival Science Self Defense system.  Lon Beyer has been training in movement arts for 35+ years.  His interest in Kung Fu was first introduced when he was given lessons starting at the age of 7, by his Uncle, Zhou Ming Chun who was at the time a General and Kung Fu instructor for the Taiwanese military. His classes mainly consist of adults.

Lon speaks fluent Mandarin Chinese, and served a 2 year mission in Taiwan. Aside from his Martial Arts accomplishments, he is also a filmmaker and musician, actor, stuntman, and fight choreographer. 

Lon's Bio (In his own words):

Hey there! I'm a Dad, Husband, and I am dedicated to yelling at my students and helping them understand that they are not worthy, pitiful, and lazy.  I enjoy teaching young adults. They tend to like "abuse." Especially since they have lived in a soft cushy world that has made them into sad fearful children (inside adult bodies). 

My ancestors fled Mao Zedong. And my Mom was one of the lucky ones, who was able to leave her home country behind, learn a language that was not her own, assimilate, and raise her 6 children in a foreign land.  I am the oldest of those 6 children, so you can imagine, there were some kinks to work out.  Luckily I was born with a strange amount of patience, and love for humanity when they aren't being totalitarian genocidal maniacs.  I have used the majority of my energy, to prepare for apocalyptic times. And I like training people to prepare for the upheaval that will eventually and inevitably happen in their lives. Training students in the Martial Arts teaches badly needed life skills - like focus and discipline, and coping strategies for dealing with tremendous amounts of stress.

I know what it's like to have real enemies. I know what it's like to have your family threatened. I know what it's like to take care of business when you need to. So if you are a young adult looking to be stronger than your sad, sad... self, if you are another Dad wanting to get back in touch with your badass self, or if you just need someone to listen to your problems... just kidding - I don't care about your problems. 

Then come to my class!  

Also, you will never get praise, or trophies, or any amount of recognition for training.  I will not issue you a belt, sash, or reward of any kind for your effort. You can do hard things!!! Like have skills and shut up about them.



2007 Training under Famed Shaolin Warrior Monk - Shi Fu  Wang - Shaolin Monastery, Songshan, China



2007 Training at Shaolin Monastery - Songshan, China

No comments:

Post a Comment